How to fight insomnia
Various forms of sleep disorders and insomnia are very common problems throughout society. Perhaps more common than you might think. We will advise you on how to prevent them effectively, also with the help of the beneficial influence of cannabis.
Conventional solutions are not the only option
The conventional way of dealing with sleep difficulties is to administer medication in the form of sedatives. Although these calm the body, their use is not entirely without risks and subsequent complications. In the first place, the body easily becomes addicted to them. Another question is to what extent they help the person deeply, or how they address the actual causes of insomnia. Of course, it is also debatable whether they are being overused in common practice. For indeed they are not the only possible form of solution.
As with most health issues, the whole situation needs to be viewed holistically and the possible causes of the problem need to be consistently sought and addressed. Ideally, of course, in a natural way, which is usually the most gentle on the body. So how to proceed correctly?
Relaxation and sleep hygiene
A healthy basis for dealing with sleep disorders is to start from proper sleep hygiene, various relaxation methods and similar measures. These principles include, first and foremost:
- Going to bed only when feeling sleepy
- Do not sleep during the day (the only exception may be a short afternoon nap of max. 30-45 min)
- Go to bed and get up regularly, at the same time of day every day, even at weekends (regardless of the duration of the night's sleep)
- Ensure a well-ventilated room, quiet and dark for sleeping
- Remove all distracting objects and allergens from the bedroom
- Quality mattresses
- Do not drink coffee, black or green tea 4-6 hours before going to bed.
- Do not drink alcohol or smoke before going to bed.
- Avoid eating heavy meals just before going to bed. Eat light fruit or sip warm milk with honey before bedtime
- If unable to fall asleep within 30 min, leave the bed and engage in a pleasant, monotonous activity (reading, listening to relaxing music, taking a shower, etc.)
- Ensure adequate physical activity during the day (e.g. a walk after dinner)
- Avoid strenuous physical activity just before going to bed. Remain at rest for at least 3 hours before bedtime.
- Use bed only for sleep or sexual activity (do not watch TV from bed; do not eat in bed, read, think about problems, etc.).
At the same time, it is important to remember that many sleep disorders are actually caused by another problem, such as stress, anxiety or chronic pain. A powerful natural substance from the cannabinoid group called cannabidiol ('CBD') helps to alleviate these conditions, among others.
How to effectively face anxiety and tension? Try the effect of CBD
There are many indications that cannabinoids may aid healthy sleep and promote the sleepy phase. CBD, when used properly on a regular basis, can help to improve the overall quality of sleep and help the human body cope with insomnia. In general, the calming effects of cannabis on the human body and its nervous system have been known for hundreds of years. As recently as the 19th century, for example, cannabis extracts were commonly prescribed, especially to the elderly, for insomnia related to their advanced age.
To ensure maximum efficacy, it is important to take CBD regularly and in the case of sleep disorders, taking into account the nature of the complication. This means that patients with insomnia should take it a few hours before going to bed, whereas those suffering from excessive daytime fatigue should take it first thing in the morning upon waking.
Live well, be active
Getting enough healthy rest, i.e. a good night's sleep, will also help to maintain a good lifestyle in your life. Don't forget to exercise, especially in the fresh air. Anything counts, sports activity or just short walks, trips to the countryside with friends or family. The important thing is to get moving. If possible, regularly, consciously and with pleasure.
Don't forget to eat a varied diet with plenty of green vegetables, which are best able to oxygenate the body and, in their raw form, provide the body with much-needed vitamins and minerals.
Of course, it is also important to drink enough. Our body is best hydrated and cleansed by pure spring water. At least 2-3 litres a day. In addition, you can also drink various herbal teas during the day.
A suitable dietary supplement is a bonus that will only ensure a good result of your actions.
 Source: https://www.ikem.cz/cs/nespavost-spankova-hygiena/a-1997/